Enter below to win a Print Set of the Dukes Behaving Badly series, including THE DUKE’S GUIDE TO CORRECT BEHAVIOR, WHEN GOOD EARLS GO BAD (Novella), PUT UP YOUR DUKE, and NO GROOM AT THE INN (Novella)
Megan, thank you so much for taking the time to answer a few questions for Rambling Reads. I look forward to reading your replies and to reading your upcoming book, One-eyed Dukes are Wild.
- Do you have a routine you follow each time you start writing a new book? A quirky ritual?
“A quirky ritual” sounds like something I should have! I don’t start writing the book until I know who the hero resembles in real life, usually an actor.
- Do you listen to music as you write? If so, what type or do you have a favorite song of the moment to write to?
No, I don’t. I find it really distracting; I used to work in the music industry, so I pay more attention than I probably should to what’s playing.
- What draws you to write historical romance?
The ability to step outside of one’s own reality into another one.
- How long does it take you to write a book? How do you celebrate when you finish writing a book?
It takes me about five months to finish, I think. I usually celebrate by taking a bubble bath.
- How important are names to you in your books? Do you choose the names based on liking the way it sounds or the meaning? Do you have any name choosing resources you recommend?
I tend to use the name of the actor who inspired the hero (really dull naming convention, I know). Although in One-Eyed Dukes, you don’t know what his name is until midway through the book. It’s an unusual one.
- Your newest book, One-eyed Dukes are Wild, comes out December 29th, what is your favorite scene in the book?
One of my favorite scenes is where she confronts him at his house late at night after he’s followed her to make sure she’s all right. They share some truths with one another that sets up their inevitable falling in love.
- What do you like to do when you're not writing?
I read, of course; I watch historical dramas hopefully starring attractive British men; and I work at my day job, which is also in publishing.
Another fun and sexy romance in Megan’s Dukes Behaving Badly series!
The scandalously unmarried Lady Margaret Sawford is looking for adventure-and is always up for a challenge. Her curiosity is aroused by a dangerous-looking stranger with an eye patch, an ideal companion for the life she longs for, no matter what Society might say. So when the piratical gentleman turns out to be a duke-and just as boringly proper as any other nobleman-she can’t help but incite him to walk on the wild side.
Well-heeled, well-mannered, and well beyond any interest in society’s expectations, the Duke of Lasham is tired of being perfect. Margaret’s lush beauty and gently laughing eyes are an irresistible temptation to embrace the imperfect-and her. But if a little misbehavior is appealing, unleashing his wild side is completely seductive-as long as the lovely Margaret is the object of his passion…
Megan Frampton writes historical romance under her own name and romantic women’s fiction as Megan Caldwell. She likes the color black, gin, dark-haired British men, and huge earrings, not in
that order. She lives in Brooklyn, NY, with her husband and son.