Saturday, May 14, 2011

Great Possibilities with a Minor Glitch (for me)


Being a BzzAgent, I recently had the opportunity to try Trend Micro's Online Guardian for Families for free.  

I found that it is a great tool for families that are active online. I liked that I could tailor the program for the different ages of my children for their different needs. I have a 9 year old and a 15 year old, so there is a huge variation of topics that I allow. I also liked the ease of getting the reports for what my kids are visiting.While I wasn't all that impressed by the access to their (my kids) social networking sites or email, because it is a rule in our household that any email, facebook or other account is not allowed UNLESS I have their user name and password,  I could see where it would be a great tool in other households. 

My only problem with the program is that I use Mozilla's Firefox as my internet browser I had a few issues with Trend Micro allowing the monitored sites to be opened. I'm not a computer idiot, but neither am I a computer genius. I was very frustrated with that aspect of the program, that I finally just reverted the monitored sites to Internet Explorer. There is probably an easy fix for this...but I just don't have the time to screw around with it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment