Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Review: SECRETS by Brenda Joyce


2011 Cover
Bragg #7 / Delanza #1
Historical / Western (1899)
Avon, an imprint of Harper Collins
406 Pages



Jumping from a train to save herself from a terrible fate, Regina Bragg Shelton suffers a head injury, causing her to lose her memory. When Slade Delanza finds the gorgeous, unconscious woman, he assumes she is his recently deceased brother's fiancee, Elizabeth Sinclair who was also supposed to be on the train. 
 
While they get to know each other, they find themselves irresistibly drawn to each other, Regina is falling in love, but Slade cannot overcome his guilt for falling for his brothers betrothed. They agree to marry to save Slade's family ranch. Can they forge a future with so much standing between them?
*****

Brenda Joyce has a knack of spinning an enthralling tale that completely hooks me from the beginning, not releasing me until I turn the last page. SECRETS kept me up late at night, as I couldn't bring myself to put it down, finishing it it one long sitting. I laughed, I cried, I got angry and I completely fell in love with Slade and Regina. 
 
Slade was hot hot hot, and very Alpha. His one major flaw was that he was stubborn beyond belief, but Regina did what she needed to bring him around. There were a few times I wanted to tape Regina's mouth shut, but I admired her own brand of stubbornness to bring Slade around. The chemistry between them was positively combustible, not only in bed, but their personalities were polar opposites, yet I could see them as the balance for each other.

Original Cover
I loved revisiting with the Bragg and Shelton family. Slade's brother Edward was also a great side character. I loved his sense of humor, though he had a few flaws that needed to be dealt with, and some guilt he needed to overcome. Now I'm going to have to dig his book (AFTER INNOCENCE) out, just so I can drool over him some more.



Rating: 4.5 / 5




No comments:

Post a Comment