Friday, December 5, 2008

The days just seem to run together

Where the hell do the days go? I just can't keep track of anything anymore. I lose days, or so it seems. Since we were all cut to only 3 days/week, at the title company, I've found additional employment in the retail industry-that was a hell of a change for me...but fortunately I like it, but the hours and pay suck, not a real surprise there. I'm just happy to have work in this crappy economy, though I foresee us (there are 2 other people) being laid-off from the office this winter, and the owner trying to run the company herself.

I'm looking for more work, but so is everyone else...

Between work, kids and just plain life, I've made time to read some books for some well needed "escapism"...it's so nice not having to think of my problems for a few hours, at least until my husband and kids come home...though come to think of it, most of my recent reading time has been at night, daytime leaves me w/to many other things to do...unless I'm using books to avoid the dishes in the sink, the floor that needs to be vacuumed, the laundry, which did seem to happen today, well, I didn't avoid it ALL day, the only thing I didn't accomplish today was the vacuuming...my floors will still be here tomorrow, when I can enlist my 13yr old son to do it...and tonight's dishes...

The best thing about romances, I think, is that they allow me to step away from my life stresses for a fraction of time, and no matter what transpires between the pages, I know that by the end of the book I will have a (hopefully) satisfying HEA.

No comments:

Post a Comment