|Two random commenters will win a copy!|
It's my pleasure today to welcome Lisa Renee Jones, author of the recently released THE STORM THAT IS STERLING, book #2 in her Zodius series to Rambling Reads.
Hi Lisa, thank you for taking the time to chat with us.
- THE STORM THAT IS STERLING is the second book in your Zodius series. What inspired you to create these Super Soldiers and the world that they live in?
A love for Vegas, and interest in Area 51, and an ex-father in law, no deceased, who was a part of some government operations he told us about right before his passing, after keeping them secrets all his life.
- Describe Sterling in three words.
Tormented, funny, sincere
- Sterling has a warped sense of humor, and I have a feeling he would be hard to control. Was he difficult to write or did his personality just flow onto the pages?
Sterling really flowed for me. I just knew him on some level from the minute I met him in Michael’s book. He was such a perfect contrast to Michael but so like him in the pain that drives him.
- We know Sterling is a soldier, but what us Becca's occupation?
She is an Astrobioligist
- What is your favorite scene in this book?
That’s a hard question. There are so many scenes in each book I like for different reasons. The scene I like the most is in a bar near the end of the book. I can’t say what happens without giving away something big but it’s a big emotional break through.
- How do you usually come up your with your characters and/or plot? Do you adhere to a routine when you write?
Characters tend to just come to me as I plot a series. I keep a notebook with each character having a page with their history, traits, likes and dislikes. I write 7 days a week or I lose focus, even if it’s only a couple hundred words.
- Have you ever been in the middle of writing a book where you had to stop because another story would speak louder in your head? If so, were you able to finish both?
Because of deadlines I don’t really have the ability to stop in the middle of a story and I don’t even read other people’s work while intensely in the middle of a book because I need to stay focused. However, when authors contract books they usually write a proposal and then don’t go back to that book for months and months to finish writing it while their editor reads the proposal. It can be hard to end one book and just jump into the book that was started months before and get the groove going again.
Now it's our turn to learn something more about YOU, Lisa. :)
- If you had to pick one book to take with you to a deserted island, which one would you choose? Has this author influenced your style?
Different authors have inspired me at different times of my life. My mom loved Victoria Holt so as a kid I used to read her books. So I’d say she inspired a love of books. I love Lori Foster’s men, and Suzanne Brockmann’s action, and Karen Moning’s heroines. If I was on a deserted island I’d probably want Galean Foley’s books. She has several series I’ve read over and over. I don’t write historical and I love the escape they give me and she writes brilliantly.
- What is your favorite television series?
I’m a tv addict. I love Supernautral, and Nurse Jackie, and House. I love Entourage and Californication and Weeds. The list goes on. I use to love Monk for a light, fun escape.
- What is your favorite fairy tale?
Oh Cinderella. I’m a romance writer.
- What is your favorite song?
That changes. I am a gymaholic and I spend so much time there that music is a way to get through the torture. That means I overplay a lot and get tired of it and then come back to it. Lately Kid Rock has gotten me through a lot workouts, and Kenny Chesney has helped me get words on the page. Janet Jackson is a forever favorite but I love Beyonce as well.
- What is your favorite indulgence?
Chocolate and Marconi and Cheese preferably in the same meal
I sort of beat you to the punch on that one. I love all genres and it’s a mood thing. I don’t read much YA though.
- What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas. I love the holiday and the feeling it brings for weeks and weeks before it arrives.
- Can you please give us a sneak peek at any of your upcoming books?
I have HOT VAMPIRE TOUCH releasing this month which is the third book in my Vampire Wardens trilogy and introduces a werewolf in WICKED WEREWOLF NIGHT out December 13th. I have a lot going on next year.
May THE DANGER THAT IS DAMION - Zodius #3.
August VEGAS HEAT a spice brief
October-December A Blaze trilogy
AMERICA’S NEXT TOP DANCER
I have a number of indies planned as well
- What is the best way for readers to contact you?
email@example.com and I love to hear from readers!
Thank you so much for visiting with us today.TWO random commenters will win a copy of STERLING!!!