Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Review: SAY MY NAME Book 1 Syvia & Jackson: A Stark International Novel by J. Kenner

Sylvia Brooks has been Damian Stark's executive assistant for the last five years but now she has the opportunity and desire to branch out into Stark Industry's real estate division. Problem is that her one chance to shine hinges on whether or not architect Jackson Steele is willing to work with her. Five years ago Sylvia and Jackson had a burning affair that ended abruptly. Can she convince Jackson to put the past behind them?

Ms. Kenner is off to a fantastic start with her new series, SAY MY NAME, a spin-off of the Stark novels. I was sucked into the story right from the start. If it wasn't for real life (work) I would have finished this book in one sitting, as it was, it still only took me 2 days to read it.

I love the chemistry between Sylvia and Jackson. Not only does their passion singe the pages, but the snappy dialogue between them and the emotional connection they share bound me to their story. They are both determined to not burden the other with their pasts, yet they find what they need is for their past to be revealed to free each of them. We were given glimpses of their histories, but there is still much for us to discover in the future books.

I'm very thankful that Ms. Kenner didn't leave us in suspense about Jackson and Sylvia's feeling for each other, but it will be interesting to see their relationship develop. The cliffhanger we are left with leaves me eager to discover what will happen when Damian Stark learns of Jackson's secret. There are a few little mysteries that I think I have figured out, it will be interesting to see if I'm right of if I'm completely off.

No comments:

Post a Comment