Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Review: EDGE OF NIGHT by Jill Sorenson

http://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/photo.goodreads.com/books/1448979562i/28053038._UY200_.jpg  

eBook is ON SALE FOR ONLY $0.99!!! 


AMAZONAMAZON.CAAMAZON.CO.UKBARNES & NOBLEITUNESKOBO


 When a killer strikes close to home, April Ortiz is willing to do what she can to protect herself and her young daughter, Jenny. 
When Officer Noah Young comes asking questions, April takes a chance. She slips him some information that may help him, even at her own risk. Noah is enthralled by the sexy waitress, and willing to listen to her. Can the police catch the murder before there are more victims? Pursuing April could have consequences with his job, dare he risk his career over his emotions?

*****
THE EDGE OF THE NIGHT was a spectacular read. Jill Sorenson has created one of the sweetest, sexiest police officer hero's I've ever read. The non-stop action and the budding romance between April and Noah, made for a fast-paced tale which I was unable to put down until the very end. I highly suggest blocking off a good amount of time when you pick this book up, because you're not going to want to put it down. The suspense of who the killer was had an edge-of-your seat thrill that kept me wondering what was going to happen next, and I had difficulty pegging the villain until the end. This is a book I can't wait to share with my friends!

 Noah doesn't hold the cynicism that most police/military heroes seem to have.  There isn't the dark-grittiness of someone whose been hurt by tragedy nor the been-there-done-that-nothing-surprises-him attitude. He's so fresh and energetic still, and I absolutely loved it! It was a unique twist, keeping the romantic suspense genre from going stale.


April was no angel, yet for all her experiences and life lessons, she retained a sweetness that resounded throughout the pages. She knows that she made bad choices in her youth, but has matured to regret her actions which helped shape her into the person she is now. Jenny is her life, and she would do anything for her.


The side story of Meghan and Eric was terrific...though I really wish Eric had made a different choice in the end.  I could understand where he was coming from for most of his choices, even if I didn't like them. Both Meghan and Eric were very charismatic and I felt that their relationship kept the rest of the plot moving along, while helping shape certain outcomes of the book. I would love to see them have their own book in the future.

I loved the emotions that Ms Sorenson brought out in this book. There was the desire that sprung between Noah and April, which I couldn't wait to see fulfilled, the action of Noah's job and the gang life going on throughout the book, April's fears about where a relationship with Noah could possibly go, and the hunt for the killer who kept getting closer. Everything together kept me wrapped tightly into this tale.
I'm looking forward to whatever Ms. Sorenson has coming up next, as she is easily an auto-buy author for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment