Sunday, May 27, 2012

Review: BE MY PRINCE by Julianne MacLean

The Royal Trilogy #1


Lady Alexandra Monroe is determined to marry Prince Randolph, heir to the throne of the tiny country of Petersbourg. Yet she finds herself drawn to the Prince's roguish younger brother, Prince Nicholas, who seems to return her affections.

Who will Alex choose?

Shocking secrets are revealed, leading to intrigue and danger.

* * *

Julianne MacLean has begun a dynamic new series opening up with Be My Prince. I loved the fairy tale feel of the story. While there were no evil witches nor fairy godmothers, it does feature as lost princess.

I loved that this book wasn't completely set in England, but it took place in a small European country. And I absolutely loved that it took place over a longer period of time, where we could see the struggles of the relationship, and how Alex and Randolph had to find their way to true love, it was not an easy discovery. I even liked their separation, as it allowed them time to grow, and the letters between were a nice added touch.

While I felt that most of the characters and scenery was brilliantly described, there were a one dimensional that didn't add anything to the plot or characters and that was Alex's 3 adopted sisters, I'm not even sure what the point was in mentioning that they existed. They were mentioned that they were in the country in the beginning of the story and then when Alex left England, she couldn't wait for them join her in Petersbourg, but after that they just seemed to disappear, even their step-mother Lucille seemed to forget about them once she set sail with Alex.

I am looking forward to the next book in the series, as I can't wait to see what happens next in the Royal Trilogy.

Rating: 4 out of 5

2 comments:

  1. Good review! I love Julian MacLean's writing and somehow missed that this series was beginning. I've now added it to my Amazon wish list. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting AND following! :)

    This one snuck up on me too, I hadn't realized she was starting a new series until I stumbled upon this.

    ReplyDelete