Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Review of LETHAL RIDER by Larissa Ione

From the back of the book:

They're here. They ride. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse Born of a match between good and evil, four siblings stand between hell's minions and everything they want to destroy. They are the Lords of Deliverance, and they have the power to ward off Doomsday . . . or let it ride . . . LETHAL RIDER Thanatos, the most deadly Horseman of the Apocalypse, has endured thousands of years of celibacy to prevent the end of days. But just one night with the wickedly sexy Aegis Guardian, ReganCooper, shatters centuries of resolve. Yet their passion comes with a price. And Thanatos must face a truth more terrifying than an apocalypse-he's about to become a father. Demon-slayer Regan Cooper never imagined herself the maternal type, but with the fate of the world hanging in the balance she had no choice but to seduce Thanatos and bear his child. Now, as the final battle draws closer and his rage at being betrayed is overshadowed by an undeniable passion for the mother of his child, Thanatos has a life-shattering realization: To save the world, he must sacrifice the only thing he's ever wanted-a family.

My take on it all :-)

 
Thanatos is hell bent on revenge. He can't believe what Regan has done to him nor why. The Aegis convinced Regan to betray Than, but when faced with the consequences for her actions she learns the Aegis' motives are not true to her beliefs.

The race is on to save the world, but who is right? Will Thanatos' seal be broken and will he join his brother Pestilence in bringing on the Apocalypse? Or can he be saved?

* * *

Lethal Rider is one of those books that had me so caught up in the action and characters that I completely lost track of time. Larissa Ione's writing has me so deeply involved in these characters that I feel as if I know them...some may find that silly, but any reader can tell you that if an author draws you that strongly into not just the story, but the entire series, the author is doing something right!

I loved Than and Regan together. They definitely started off wrong, but there was so much right about them. The sparks flew between them and the passion sizzled once they began to see each other as more than the enemy.

Parts of Lethal Rider tore me up emotionally. I don't cry easy, but Ms. Ione succeeded in bringing me to tears. First when Than finally accepted that Reseph was truly gone and again when Regan went into labor. Than was forced to take actions that would tear him up—and me as the reader, I cried my eyes out for all that he was compelled to do for all of the right reasons. Of course you're going to have to pick up the book yourself to find out what those actions are—and the results!

I also loved that Ms. Ione brought in the characters from Underworld General. I enjoyed seeing my favorite reoccurring characters in the Demonica world. And she left me chanting: “Reseph. Reseph. Reseph!” as I canNOT wait for the story of his redemption! 

Rating: 5 out of 5!

5 comments:

  1. Good review! I'm waiting for my copy of this book to arrive from Amazon today. I'm a little behind on the series but I'm determined to catch up on all of the books soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Review!! I'm picking my copy up this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! This is one of the few series that I keep up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great review! I love Larissa's books but I have not read this series yet...maybe soon I will. Thanks so the review!

    ReplyDelete