Friday, February 25, 2011

Review: SEDUCING THE GOVERNESS by Margo Maguire

Historical Romance (Regency)
Avon, an imprint of Harper Collins
384 Pages

Release: February 22, 2011

The death of her mother reveals many things to Mercy Franklin. First, her parents aren't who she thought they were. Second, that she must now obtain a job to survive. Finding a position as a governess seems to be the answer to her prayers.

Nash, the new Earl of Ashby is in his current position due to the bad luck that seems to plague his family with misfortune. As he tries to correct the shambles he finds himself in, he is enchanted by his niece's lovely governess.

As his niece blossoms under the care of her new governess, Nash finds himself admiring Mercy for more than her nurturing skills. But what kind of future can a governess and Earl hold together? Will they let temptation get the best of them?


*****


SEDUCING THE GOVERNESS is one those books that, while I enjoyed it, there was just something that stopped me from loving it. I was interested in Mercy and Nash's developing romance, but I never felt a strong emotional connection that kept me engaged. I found myself more interested in finding the truth behind Nash's brothers' deaths, and frustrated that it took him so long to make the necessary links.


Also, I wanted to see more of Captain Gavin Briggs, he's one of those characters that even though he had a small role in the story, he just kept drawing my attention. I really hope he is the hero in Christina's story, especially since I was so drawn to him. Because of that I can guarantee I will be picking up Margo Maguire's next book.



Rating: 3/ 5
 

Purchase: Nook / Books On Board / Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment