Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Review: IF YOU HEAR HER by Shiloh Walker


Ash Trilogy, Book 1
Romantic Suspense
Ballantine Books

A scream in the dark.
A brutalized body found.
Can a killer be caught before he strikes again?

Lena Riddle never let blindness hold her back in any way. She has worked hard to maintain her self-reliance and takes nothing for granted. 
 
Ezra King, a Kentucky State Police detective, is healing from a gunshot wound and the betrayal of his partner. Seeking only to find peace in Ash, he is amazed to find himself drawn to Lena.

When Lena hears a woman cry out for help in the middle of the night, she finds herself exposed to the dark and twisted mind of a killer. Ezra is determined to keep her safe. With no body or evidence of any foul play found, police are skeptical of her story. But when a body is discovered, Lena and Ezra find themselves drawn into the psychotic world of a murderer.

 ***

Shiloh Walker continues to wow me with her latest book, CAN YOU HEAR HER, an electrifying tale that kept me on the edge of my seat as I followed all the twists and turns this story took. There was never a mundane moment in the entire story, as I tried to piece together the great mystery of who the killer was. 

The chemistry between Lena and Ezra positively sizzled from the moment they first met. They both had their vulnerabilities that made me root all the more for their HEA (happily ever after). I loved how Lena strove to keep her independence and admired Ezra for not taking anything away from her, sure there were a few times he was tempted to, but he was smart enough to know when and where the line was drawn.

I enjoyed following the twisted mind of the killer, as I tried, but didn't succeed in figuring out who he was. I felt that the side characters were equally fleshed out, giving great depth to the story.  I was curious of their stories and can't wait to find out more.  I kept trying to figure out with one could be our killer, and struck a few off of my list.



*~*~*~*SPOILER ALERT*~*~*~*









 I finished the book still not knowing WHO the killer is.  Ms. Walker has left me dangling at the the edge of my seat with her CLIFFHANGER ending. I hate hate hate having to wait to find the answers to all the questions that are fresh in my mind. I will be gobbling up IF YOU SEE HER (release date 1/31/12) and IF YOU KNOW HER (release date 2/28/12) as soon as I can to find the answers I need!  I have NO idea if it's someone we've already been introduced to, someone who was discussed or if the killers name wasn't mentioned at all.  I can't wait to read the next books in the series, and am especially eager to see what other complications shall arise for our couples as they seek a killer.
 
Rating: 5




 
psssst....don't forget to check out Shiloh Walker, Jaci Burton, and Lisa Renee Jones' Thrills & Chills contest to win a Nook Color....just click the button on my sidebar!


1 comment:

  1. i like the page you have here and would love to read the books you got desitheblonde@msn.com

    ReplyDelete