Friday, January 27, 2012

I'm a bad blogger...

I thought winter would be a time I would be able to catch up on everything I'd let fall behind during my kids football season. Boy was I wrong!  The kids aren't in any sports until baseball season, but things have been crazier than ever.
  • My day job has been super busy, I'm not complaining. 
  • We have put a bid on a house we all love, fingers crossed that they accept the bid, but I have faith that this is the one that has been waiting for us. That probably sounds corny, but we've been looking for a year now, and two of the houses we liked fell through.
  • I've started assistant editing, which I love! How awesome is it to actually get paid to read? I love reviewing, but the books I receive don't help pay my internet bill. : ) Who am I kidding, I love giving my input during this part of the writing process.  


 I'm still making time to read for pleasure (something I will NEVER deny myself!)  I tried to start ISLAND FLAME by Karen Robards last night, but I couldn't get past the spoiled idiot heroine nor the rape scenes...did anyone ever find that sexy/romantic?  I think I read 50 pages before I completely gave up. Which really sucks, because I was looking forward to a good pirate tale, and I really like most of her books.


Now I have a Harlequin Historical by Kate Bridges, THE ENGAGEMENT, that I think I will start.  I've never read anything by her, but I've found some awesome gems in the HH line.  In this one the heroine is a doctor and the hero is a MOUNTIE! I'm really looking forward to this, I can't remember the last time I read a historical that took place in Canada...or anyplace outside of the UK.



What are you up to? Reading anything good?

1 comment: