Sunday, January 1, 2012

A new beginning...

Boy-oh-boy am I ready for 2012 to begin!  2011 had a LOT of sucky moments between family illnesses, deaths and financial strains. I am firmly planting into my head...and anyone else I can convince, that 2012 will be a STELLAR year, one full of opportunities and improvements. 

Here are my 2012 plans:
  • FAMILY - I'm praying that this year my family will be blessed with better health and more financial security--my in-laws and older relatives were struck hard last year.
  • HOME- We currently searching for a home to purchase...if only we weren't so dang picky...or had a bigger budget :~P
  •  READING- I always have high expectations for a good reading year, why should this year be any different.
  •  EDITING - I'm dipping my feet into a new venture as an assistant editor...hopefully to eventually move up after proving myself--yes I know this will take time, but I learned long ago to always strive to be better. :~) I'm also looking forward to the new friends and contacts I will make on this adventure.
  • DAY JOB - I'm still keeping my day job at the office...fingers crossed that we (my co-workers and I) don't go through the same crap as last year--I was stressing about whether or not I would be laid-off from July until the end of Oct. 
  • REVIEWING - I'm want to be more punctual and active with writing and posting my reviews.
  • BLOGGING - I love the new friends I've made since I've started, and especially with the author pimping I really began to get into. I can't wait to spread the word more about the books/authors I love and to communicate with other like mined people
I'd be remiss if I didn't at least mention the end of the Mayan calender in this post, especially since when my dad was alive we used to discuss the meaning of the Mayan calendar all the time. I'm sad he's not around to talk to anymore, but I'll be thinking of him lots, especially at every mention of this Mayan myth. I choose to believe that it will signify some changes, not the end of the world. I'm very interested to see what will be reported on and what other people believe.  How about you, do you think that December 21, 2012 really signifies the end of the world apocalypse, or some great Earth changes? Or do you think that it will be just another day?

Okay, simpler question, what do you think 2012 has in store for you?






No comments:

Post a Comment