Monday, January 2, 2012

Review: BECAUSE YOU'RE MINE by Lisa Kleypas


Capital Theater #2
Historical (Victorian 1833)
Avon, an imprint of Harper Collins

Lady Madeline Matthews believes she has the perfect plan to escape the arraigned marriage her parents are planning. If she can get herself ruined everything would be fine; anything would be better than being married to Lord Clifton, even being shunned by society. When she sees a print of the devilishly handsome actor, Logan Scott, Madeline knows who she is going to engage her ruinous affair with, now if she can only entice him into a liaison, things will be perfect...or will they? 
 
Logan Scott had enough on his plate being the owner of the Capital Theater, along with being the leading male actor, without having to dodge the naïve yet enticing Madeline. But can he keep his stern disciplined life under control, or will he be distracted by the lovely Madeline?

*****

This book has had a long standing spot on my keeper shelves, I have reread it A LOT throughout the years, and I'm sure I will read many more times in the future, as it is one of my go to comfort reads. It is always a pleasure to revisit Logan and Madeline. I love the passion and the angst that flows between these pages. Madeline is very naïve, but she is just what the jaded Logan needs. I love seeing her tantalize and push Logan who does his surly best behave, but of course he eventually succumbs to her innocent charms.

BECAUSE YOU'RE MINE is one of those stories that takes me through a whole range of emotions. I was brought to tears as I hated seeing the emotional suffering each of them went through, and Logan was hateful to Madeline for a brief period. But there was also smiles and laughter as I read this book. And most importantly was the very satisfactory end Ms. Kleypas took me to.

Lisa Kleypas is an auto-buy for me, no matter what genre she is writing. I absolutely adore her historicals, but her contemporaries are on the top of my list of favorites also. I'm eagerly awaiting her next book, RAINSHADOW ROAD, the first book in her new series, though it's the second book taking place in Friday Harbor with the Nolan brothers.



Rating: 5

1 comment:

  1. I always liked this one as well.. it was just so great.. Maddie was so tough and more than willing to stand on her own rather than settle..

    come by my blogs and check us out.. great things are happening at
    http://bodicerippers-shauni.blogspot.com/

    and my new venture...
    http://teaandbook-shauni.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete