Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Goodies...the edible kind *~*Hawaiian Kielbasa*~*

With Christmas fast approaching I thought I would share some of my favorite recipes for the holiday gatherings! Since I'm a bookworm and am always babbling about what I've read, this first recipe is the only thing I've ever written that has been published! :)  I submitted it to Gooseberry Patch a few years ago, and they published it in their 101 Slow-Cooker Recipes

HAWAIIAN KIELBASA
  • 3 packages (3 lbs) kielbasa, sliced into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices (which ever you prefer...I usually cut them a bit on the smaller side)
  • 1 can (15.25oz) crushed pineapple
  • 18 oz bottle barbeque sauce (I prefer Sweet Baby Ray's)
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
  • 1 Tbs. ground ginger
  • 1 tsp. onion powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder 
 Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Mix well, cover and cook on high for about 2 hours, or until warmed all the way through.

This is my go-to dish to take to any potluck.  I usually don't bring anything home...and am always sharing the recipe, because so many people ask for it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment